Under minimal supervision, the Principal Engineer, Safety coordinates all applicable regulatory approvals on all Professional Solutions products. Provides pre-compliance and compliance testing support and coordination, assists in maintaining and updating all compliance and compliance-related laboratories, and provides regular updates for all R&D related leadership and staff on current and anticipated compliance standards and regulations.
- Plans and performs pre-compliance and compliance testing, including tests under the scope of laboratory accreditation.
- Writes, maintains, and presents test reports and test plans.
- Assists in troubleshooting products for EMC and telecommunications.
- Identifies and documents product approval requirements for projects. Develops, revises, and/or reviews EMC laboratory test procedures.
- Assists in sourcing, constructing, calibrating, verifying and maintenaning test equipment fixtures.
- Assists in performing maintenance of test fixtures and equipment.
- Acts as EMC laboratory technical manager
- Participates in regulatory related committees and professional organizations.
- Works with outside test laboratory for compliance testing and submits test reports for agency approvals.
- Keeps all departmental leaders and staff updated on requirements and progress of relevant projects, along with any industry changes that may affect future product design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. iNARTE certified EMC Engineer preferred.
- 10 years of experience in a progressive global environment.
- An experienced professional in testing and obtaining regulatory agency approvals of telecommunication or wireless products for EMC, wireless, and electrical safety requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of RF communications systems, analog and digital circuitry.
- Has a full understanding of industry practices.
- Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Previous experience or exposure to prdcust related to audio, lighting, video and controller, or other related products and industries preferred.
- Ability to influence through effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to accept responsibility for personal development and actions. Sets aggressive goals and drives for results.
- Team player – having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Capacity to work in a global, cross-functional, matrix organization
- Ability to balance workload and achieve key deliverables
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Collaborative approach to working within a team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, engineers and other technical employees, and outside agencies.
- Currently active or willingness to be active in the EN54 regulatory organization.
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
Eligibility Requirements: List specific location of position and % of willingness to travel.
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in a Harman Pro Solutions office in Shenzhen, China
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.